Serve a Mexican feast within half an hour. Think about replacing lettuce with red cabbage – it’s crunchy, cheap and adds great colour.
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 1 medium green capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 medium avocado, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 medium skinless white fish fillet
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups baby cos lettuce, finely shredded
- 8 regular wholegrain tortillas
- ¼ bunch coriander, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- Place tomatoes, capsicum, avocado, onion, lime juice and 1 tablespoon of oil in a bowl. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- Dust fish with paprika and cumin. In a non-stickpan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat and sear fish for 1-2 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Add a layer of lettuce on the tortilla, top with fish and salsa. Scatter with coriander and serve with yoghurt.
Recipe supplied by Nutrition Australia Vic Division.
For more recipes visit www.tryfor5.org.au
Last updated: April 2, 2019 at: 9:19 am
© Department of Health & Human services, State Government of Victoria
Privacy Statement: https://www.activeapril.vic.gov.au/privacy-policy/
Copyright & Disclaimer Notice: https://www.activeapril.vic.gov.au/copyright-disclaimer/