Mediterranean Chicken Bake
Try this one dish wonder to spice things up for dinner and tomorrow’s lunch!
Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 1 tbsp (metric) extra virgin olive oil
- 700 gram chicken breast fillets (cut into large chunks)
- 1 red onion (cut into wedges)
- 400 gram can diced tomatoes
- 2 red capsicums (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes (drained, roughly dropped)
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 tbsp (metric) mixed dried herbs
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp (metric) balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup reduced fat feta (crumbled)
- green salad (to serve)
- crusty bread (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a baking dish, combine all ingredients except the feta and mix well.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the oven for about 50 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and tender, and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Divide the chicken onto 4 plates and top with crumbled feta cheese. Serve hot with crusty bread and salad.
To store leftovers in fridge or freezer and ensure there is an airtight seal.
Each serve of this recipe provides (minimum):
- 3.5 serves of vegetables
- 0.5 serve of milk/yoghurt/cheese
- 1 serve of lean meat/alternative
- 1 serve of grain foods
For more delicious and healthy recipes for you and your family, visit the Nutrition Australia website.
Source: Nutrition Australia
Last updated: March 15, 2017 at: 10:38 am
© Department of Health & Human services, State Government of Victoria
Privacy Statement: https://www.activeapril.vic.gov.au/privacy-policy/
Copyright & Disclaimer Notice: https://www.activeapril.vic.gov.au/copyright-disclaimer/