Department of Health & Human Services
Premiers Active April
This delicious meal can be prepared in just a few minutes while you are toasting your sourdough!
Avocados are high in fat but contain the healthier ‘good’ fat, known as monounsaturated fat. They are rich in niacin, vitamin E and potassium and they do not contain any cholesterol. To increase the flavour of this dish, sprinkle some fresh chopped herbs instead of adding salt.
1. In a bowl, smash the chopped avocado (so it’s still chunky).
2. Add the olive oil, feta cheese, lemon juice, pepper and paprika and mix well.
3. Add the basil and mix through lightly.
4. Toast the bread and spread ¼ of the avocado smash on top and place the tomato slices evenly across the bread.
5. Sprinkle with chopped basil and cracked pepper.
Recipe supplied by Nutrition Australia Vic Division.
For more recipes visit www.tryfor5.org.au
Last updated: March 28, 2019 at: 5:24 pm
© Department of Health & Human services, State Government of Victoria
Privacy Statement: https://www.activeapril.vic.gov.au/privacy-policy/
Copyright & Disclaimer Notice: https://www.activeapril.vic.gov.au/copyright-disclaimer/