Tuna, pumpkin and broccoli pasta bake
You can’t go past-a pasta bake for a family meal. There’s also so many types of pasta available at supermarkets now. Try pulse pasta for a lower-carb, higher-fibre option – the kids will never know.
- 250g spiral pasta, uncooked
- 3 ¼ cup water
- 400g butternut pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- ½ onion, grated
- 2 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 200g canned creamed corn
- 250g smooth ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp ground chilli 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 400g canned corn kernels, drained
- 425g canned tuna in oil, drained and flaked
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions, or until el dente.
- Place the pumpkin, onion, broccoli and ¼ cup of water into a vegetable steamer and cook. Drain away excess water and allow contents to cool.
- Add the creamed corn, ricotta cheese, chilli, basil, corn and tuna to the Rice Cooker and combine well with the steamed vegetables.
- Add the cooked pasta to the mixture and combine well.
- Pour mixture into a 3-litre dish and top with the parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake uncovered in the oven for 35 minutes or until cheese is crisp and golden.
- Divide the pasta into 4 bowls, serve hot.
- This dish is great for leftovers, either stored in the fridge or freezer in an airtight sealed container.
- Try wholemeal pasta for extra goodness
Recipe supplied by Nutrition Australia Vic Division.
For more recipes visit www.tryfor5.org.au