Department of Health & Human Services
Premiers Active April
We’ve hit the half-way mark of Premier’s Active April 2019, with over 100,000 Victorians signed up and moving!
With the introduction of the all-new Get Active Workout Videos and Activity Timer, getting in your 30 minutes of physical exercise every day has never been easier! Stay motivated with video workouts covering Pilates and yoga right through to cardio and full body strength training. You don’t have to do the same workout either – mix and match workouts to make up your 30 minutes and keep things exciting and your body guessing!
Active April isn’t just about encouraging activity for one month, it’s about kickstarting long-term healthy habits in ways that can improve your health and wellbeing. Whether it’s walking to school, taking the stairs, riding your bike or taking the dog for a walk – every bit counts! Active April is the perfect opportunity to discover all those little ways you can incorporate incidental activity into your day.
Click here for a preview to all the amazing videos you have access to when you log into your account.
But hey, we understand it can be tough staying motivated 24/7, especially after the beginning! So why not cure that mid-way slump and take advantage of the 10 free passes you have as a registered Active April participant to participating YMCA centres or participating local government recreation facilities! And to really drive those motivation levels, update your wardrobe with a 15% off in-store and online Sportsmart voucher. Check out the offers page for more details.
With over 2,000 family teams registered for Active April this year, it’s inspiring to see so many mums and dads getting involved too! We’re proud of all those families taking the pledge and committing to getting in their 30 minutes of physical activity every day.
It can be hard keeping the whole family motivated – so we’ve got some great school holiday ideas for you:
• Experience the rainforest at new heights in the lush surrounds of the magnificent Otway Ranges with a 2 for 1 ticket offer to Otway Fly Treetop Adventures
• Take the family on an adventure back in time with a 10% discount at Sovereign Hill! Go shopping 1850s-style and visit hotels, schools and a theatre with goldfields entertainers!
• Get your runners on and your heart pumping with one free Cardio Tennis trial at participating Tennis Victoria courts and grab your friends for one-hour free tennis court hire at Melbourne Park or Albert Reserve
• Walking in nature is great for your physical and mental health, that’s why Parks Victoria is providing Active April participants access to a variety of Ranger Led Walks around Victoria.
We know it’s not always easy incorporating physical activity into the day, especially when you work full-time. That’s why we want to help all workplaces to get behind Active April and start promoting healthy and active lifestyles at work. It’s never too late to create a workplace team and get everyone signed up!
Need some workplace inspiration? Read all about how Latrobe Valley Bus Line are getting behind Active April this year. One employee said: “It’s changed the whole culture of the company as our workers are taking the initiative to get more exercise into their daily routine. Some have joined local sporting clubs while others are embracing the beautiful walking trails…”.
Read the full article here.
Now is the time to start taking advantage of all the amazing offers available to you, if you haven’t already! Join in, have fun and get healthy.
• Fun, social, easy and safe for everyone. Try your hand at stand-up paddleboarding with a 15% discount for a Coasting: Stand Up Paddleboarding session.
• Always wanted to try netball or want to get back into your favourite childhood sport? Try 15% off Rock Up Netball Train and Youth Programs.
• Get your dancing shoes on and meet new people with five free group dance lessons at participating DanceSport Victoria.
• Get out in nature and try Nordic Walking! The Nordic Academy will be offering all registered Active April individuals one free group Nordic Walking introductory session.
• Playing croquet is an excellent way to meet new people. Croquet Victoria has an exclusive Active April offer of three double passes per club for croquet coaching sessions throughout Victoria.
Join us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for access to special prizes, event updates and activity tips to get more active more often this April
Last updated: April 16, 2019 at: 11:01 am
© Department of Health & Human services, State Government of Victoria
Privacy Statement: https://www.activeapril.vic.gov.au/privacy-policy/
Copyright & Disclaimer Notice: https://www.activeapril.vic.gov.au/copyright-disclaimer/