Terms and Conditions
Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our partner organisations, the Active April 2020 campaign Special Offers, My Offers and Prizes (“Campaign Offers”) (other than the random Prize draw for 2021 Australian Open Tickets) are no longer available.
Participants holding a Premier’s Active April Card who have not redeemed any Campaign Offer by 26 March 2020 are unable to do so.
Registration in Active April is still possible up to 30 April 2020.
Each person who registers for Premier’s Active April 2020 before 30 April 2020 will still go into a random draw to win a major prize so far not affected by COVID-19. The first two names drawn will win double tickets to either the 2021 Australian Open Tennis Men’s or Women’s Final. The winners will be notified by email prior to 29 May 2020.
Tickets will be subject to the 2021 Australian Open being held, and the Australian Open Conditions of Sale and Entry: https://ausopen.com/conditions-of-sale-entry. This prize is not redeemable for cash under any circumstances.
By submitting an entry into the Premier’s Active April 2020 post campaign survey competition (Competition) you are agreeing to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions set forth by the State of Victoria as represented by its Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (ABN 83 295 188 244) of 1 Spring Street, Melbourne Victoria, 3000 (Department).
- There is no entry fee for the Competition.
- Entry is voluntary and only open to current residents of Victoria who were registered participants of Active April as at midnight on 30 April 2020 (Entrants). Employees, contractors and suppliers of the Department and their immediate family are ineligible to enter the Competition.
- Entrants aged under 18 years at the time of submitting their entry must first obtain the consent of their parent or legal guardian. By giving this consent, the parent or guardian agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Entries submitted by Entrants who are aged under 18 years without the required parental or guardian consent will be deemed invalid.
- Only one (1) entry per Entrant will be allowed during the Competition.
- Entry to the Competition opens at 4pm on Thursday 7/05/2020 and closes at midnight on Sunday 17/05/2020 (Competition Period) and is made by: a. completing the Premier’s Active April post campaign survey using the link at https://www.activeapril.vic.gov.au/share-your-active-april/ (Survey); and b. providing and confirming the email address you used to register for Active April 2020 when you complete the survey.
- One (1) Winner will be drawn at random from all valid entries received during the Competition Period. The draw will be held in Melbourne, Victoria at 11:00am on Friday 29/05/2020.
- The Department will determine the validity of entries at its sole discretion. The Department’s decision in relation to validity of entries and selection of the Winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Winner will receive two Charge 4 Fitbits and two Ace 2 Fitbits. The total prize pool for the Competition is valued at approximately $760. The prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable and cannot be substituted for cash. By accepting a prize, the Winner agrees to any terms and conditions that apply to their prize, in addition to these Terms and Conditions. The Department accepts no responsibility in the event the Winner is unable to use the prize or the prize is lost or stolen.
- The Winner will be notified via private message to their email account on 1/06/2020. Before a prize is issued the Department may require proof of the Winner’s identity and the validity of the Winner’s entry, including an appropriate form of photo identification, proof of being a Victorian resident and any other information reasonably required to ensure the validity of the Winner’s entry. If a Winner is aged under 18 years, the Department may require proof of parental or guardian consent and may award the prize to the parent or legal guardian who consented to the Winner entering the Competition, on behalf of the Winner. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant (or a parent or guardian), the Department will in its sole discretion, determine that person’s identity.
- Where a Winner fails to accept a prize within 14 days of the Department sending notification, the Department may determine that the prize is forfeited. The Department may substitute the Winner of the prize with an additional entrant drawn from the valid entries if reasonable efforts have been made to identify the original Winner of the prize and were unsuccessful.
- Winners will receive their Prize by registered post to the Winner’s mailing address as notified to the Department by the Winner. The Department takes no responsibility for the loss of a prize due to incomplete or wrong address details being provided or any other reason outside the Department’s control.
- The Department can cancel, modify or terminate the Competition without liability if the Competition is interfered with in any way or cannot be conducted as anticipated by the Department.
- The Department will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, any consequential or indirect loss), cost or damage, personal injury or death which is suffered (whether or not due to the negligence of any person) in connection with the Entrant entering this Competition, as a result of the administration of the Competition or in connection with the acceptance of any Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (and, if so, that liability is limited to the minimum permitted by law).
- Costs associated with accessing the relevant Survey and entering the Competition are the Entrant’s responsibility and may vary depending upon the Entrant’s internet service provider.
- The Entrant irrevocably gives the State of Victoria permission to use its entry, including but not limited to reproducing, publishing, adapting and communicating the whole or any part of its Survey response (in a deidentified format) for any purpose of the State except commercial exploitation without attribution, payment or compensation to the Entrant.
- The Competition is governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia and clauses 3, 7, 9-18 (inclusive) survive the expiry of the Competition.
- To the extent that the Entrant’s entry includes the email address used to register for Active April 2020 or any other personal information, the Entrant consents to the collection, storage and use of the Entrant’s personal information by the Department as part of administering the Competition and to contact the Entrant in relation to future Active April news, events and surveys.
- Any queries relating to the Competition should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.