Premier’s Active April can put the importance of physical activity back at the forefront of your workplace.
Spread the Premier’s Active April message at your workplace by:
- downloading Active April Workplace Poster (PDF, 2MB, 1p) for the break room,
- adding your Team ID to the Active April Workplace Team ID Poster (PDF, 3.8MB, 1p) so workmates can join your team,
- letting your workmates know the simple steps to register and join your workplace team,
- keeping up to date with the events in My Local, you can even submit events to be displayed on the website encouraging others to attend, and
- looking at other resources you can use to promote Premier’s Active April.
Download the Workplace Promotional Pack to help get your workmates moving (ZIP, 14.5MB)
Try these suggestions to help your workmates achieve 30 minutes of daily physical activity:
- view the all-new Get Active Workout videos in the mobile app or web app,
- use the all-new Activity Timer to make tracking your activity easier than ever before,
- explore how Premier’s Active April can link to your existing workplace health and wellbeing initiatives,
- encourage and promote active and sustainable forms of transport to and from your workplace,
- source prizes to keep your team motivated,
- organise a lunchtime activity in the park, and
- promote your workplace activities, news and the team’s achievements via email, intranet, social media, staff huddles/toolbox talks or other existing avenues.
Here are some helpful links to help plan your active workplace this April:
- Visit Ausplay for participation data for the sports sector in Australia for October 2015 to September 2016
- Visit Australia’s Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviour Guidelines that includes links to brochures, a summary fact sheet for each of the guidelines, tips and ideas for how to be physically active, as well as evidence review reports
- Visit the SunSmart website for a range of resources and information to encourage a healthy UV exposure balance
- Visit Move More, Sit Less for some great tools such as a Sitting Calculator that helps you work out how long you sit in a day and other tips for getting active
- Visit the Achievement Program website to register and access resources to support your workplace to create a whole organisation approach to physical activity and other health areas.
- Transform-Us! is currently available to all Victorian Primary schools and teachers and uses innovative strategies within the classroom, school and home settings to get students move more and sitting less.
Last updated: January 31, 2019 at: 3:29 pm
© Department of Health & Human services, State Government of Victoria
Privacy Statement: https://www.activeapril.vic.gov.au/privacy-policy/
Copyright & Disclaimer Notice: https://www.activeapril.vic.gov.au/copyright-disclaimer/